- Full driving licence details – date of birth, date passed, any convictions
- Accident circumstances
- Policyholders VAT Status
- Images of the accident itself showing vehicle’s stopped positions (will help with liability decisions) and the TP/TP vehicle involved.
- If the client is using a non-approved garage, we need either: An estimate sent via Audatex to provider code LVRCV or a fully detailed cost estimate (breaking down labour times and rates, parts, paint and materials etc) on the garage’s headed paper, and good images of the damaged areas to show the damage they are repairing.
- How the hire (self-drive hire only) was paid (Cash, Cheque, DD)
A courtesy car will be provided (subject to availability) when a recommended garage is used for private car.
A hire car will not be provided unless it is non fault - if considered non fault there is potential for a hire through Enterprise but at their discretion.
Each case is reviewed on its own merits however…
Recovery: We will only pay for one recovery cost (the ﬁrst recovery). If the vehicle has been removed from the accident scene by the police please contact us immediately so that we can arrange free collection of the vehicle from the recovery site.
Storage: We will only pay for storage that we are liable for (i.e. due to delays caused by us). We will not pay any storage which has been incurred due to late reporting of the claim or due to delays caused in advising us of the vehicle location.
All Personal Lines motor and home claims that meet the following criteria;
- Claim status Open
- Claim status Closed, Date Closed within the last 7 years and Date Updated within the last 3 years
Updates are made daily to the Claims Tracking dashboard by 8:30am
LV= Approved Repairer Network updates are now included for motor claims where available
All claim updates are subject to obfuscation following our GDPR business rules, or an individual exercising their ‘right to be forgotten' as outlined by the ICO.
Please note, Commercial Lines claim updates are not available via the Portal and must be obtained by contacting our claims team directly. Contact Commercial Claims.
For Public Liability it takes 40 days
For Personal Liability & Employers Liability it takes 30 days
Brexit and Green Cards
No. As of 2 August 2021, Green Cards are no longer required for UK registered vehicles, including those from Northern Ireland, who wish to drive to all EU countries as well as Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Serbia, Norway and Switzerland.
Full details on how to issue a Green Card using our Portal can be found in the LV= Broker Portal user guide. The system is quick and simple to use and allows an electronic version of the Green Card to be produced. This can either be emailed directly to the policyholder for them to print, or printed and posted to them by you.
Following advice from the MIB, it’s been confirmed that printing Green Cards will now be easier:
- Green Cards can now be printed in black ink on ordinary white paper
- Green Cards can now be printed either double, or single sided
- Green Cards can be sent out electronically, although policyholders must print and carry a hard copy when travelling abroad
Green Cards must be issued for a minimum of 15 days; however, we recommend you issue them from the date of request through to the end of the current policy period.
It’s possible for you to issue a Green Card via the broker Portal for the full period of a policy i.e. either at new business or renewal confirmation. By adopting the issue of an annual Green Card, you’ll remove the need for your policyholders to request a Green Card each time they travel during the policy period.
- Setup all users who require access as Broker Users, or add extra Broker Administrators
- Assign access to Cover Notes and Green Cards and/or Claims
- All this helps them to keep your customers' data safe and secure
Of course, you can create and issue a Cover Note in minutes online. Cover Note Extensions are easier than ever too and can be completed in a couple of clicks.
Every broker Portal user can request Proof of NCD, check out the Portal User Guide for more details.
If you’ve not logged into the broker Portal for 90 days, your account becomes inactive. Your Administrator can reactive you. If your issue persists, please contact Portaladmin. Keep your eyes peeled, there’s usually a reminder 7 days before you’re made inactive.
Policy docs, underwriting guides, endorsement lists and more are available in the Product Documents section.
Yes, Green Cards are totally self-serve, check out the Portal User Guide for more details
- Specialist fraud investigations covering all LV= property and motor products and claim types
- Dedicated Points of Contact and Escalation Points
- Fraud Prevention Advice
- Granted delegated processes which are mutually beneficial and expedite our current process thus reducing risk to the business
- Fraud Protection Guidance Flyer to the genuine occupier where their address has been used fraudulently
- We work closely with our brokers and the business to ensure the appropriate blocks are put in place to reduce our exposure in the ghost-brokering world