- Full driving licence details – date of birth, date passed, any convictions
- Accident circumstances
- Policyholders VAT Status
- Images of the accident itself showing vehicle’s stopped positions (will help with liability decisions) and the TP/TP vehicle involved.
- If the client is using a non-approved garage, we need either: An estimate sent via Audatex to provider code LVRCV or a fully detailed cost estimate (breaking down labour times and rates, parts, paint and materials etc) on the garage’s headed paper, and good images of the damaged areas to show the damage they are repairing.
- How the hire (self-drive hire only) was paid (Cash, Cheque, DD)
A courtesy car will be provided (subject to availability) when a recommended garage is used for private car.
A hire car will not be provided unless it is non fault - if considered non fault there is potential for a hire through Enterprise but at their discretion.
Each case is reviewed on its own merits however…
Recovery: We will only pay for one recovery cost (the ﬁrst recovery). If the vehicle has been removed from the accident scene by the police please contact us immediately so that we can arrange free collection of the vehicle from the recovery site.
Storage: We will only pay for storage that we are liable for (i.e. due to delays caused by us). We will not pay any storage which has been incurred due to late reporting of the claim or due to delays caused in advising us of the vehicle location.
All Personal Lines motor and home claims that meet the following criteria;
- Claim status Open
- Claim status Closed, Date Closed within the last 7 years and Date Updated within the last 3 years
Updates are made daily to the Claims Tracking dashboard by 8:30am
LV= Approved Repairer Network updates are now included for motor claims where available
All claim updates are subject to obfuscation following our GDPR business rules, or an individual exercising their ‘right to be forgotten' as outlined by the ICO.
Please note, Commercial Lines claim updates are not available via the Portal and must be obtained by contacting our claims team directly. Contact Commercial Claims.
For Public Liability it takes 40 days
For Personal Liability & Employers Liability it takes 30 days
We are committed to supporting you and your customers through these difficult times and we are doing so in a number of ways:
- We have put in place a number of changes across all motor and home classes to support you and your customers where they need it most and
making sure that we're delivering a full service across all classes of business.
- We are in regular contact with you all to ensure we understand your concerns and needs and respond in the best way we can.
- Created a COVID-19 Broker Support Hub packed with updates, FAQ's, useful tips and advice on a range of topics.
We do not provide or offer instalment facilities on any of our products and are therefore unable to offer ’payment holidays’. Many of our brokers will offer instalments to their customers either through their own finance arrangements or through an external premium finance partner; support may be available through those providers.
We'll continue to ensure we provide the best cover and service possible and are committed to keeping prices as competitive as we are able.
At LV= Broker we are committed to keeping our products as competitive as we are able. We regularly review our prices, cover and criteria based on current and forecasted performance.
As you are probably aware, the FCA has released new rules for firms (detailed here) incorporating their expectations of firms to help their customers who may be in temporary financial difficulty as a result of COVID-19. These FAQ’s have been updated in light of the new rules and should you need any further information we are on hand to assist.
Ordinarily we do not accept pending convictions, however please contact our Broker Support Team to discuss.
Yes, however the device should be fitted as soon as practically possible. All parties should be notified as soon as the device is fitted.
No, we do not allow suspension of cover under our policies. We think customers should maintain cover as much as possible to avoid any inadvertent use, during this period.
Your customers will still be insured to drive as per their policy T&C’s, as long as they have comprehensive or third party cover.
No. Your customers are covered to drive immediately after they receive their COVID-19 vaccination. LV= covers your customers to drive after medical treatment, such as getting holiday jabs or giving blood, as long as they’re fit to drive. The COVID-19 vaccine is no different.
Yes. Where it’s possible to have a trusted friend or neighbour regularly check on the property to ensure it is secure, and if possible to turn the water stopcock off, this should be encouraged.
Your customer should consider draining down the heating system or if this is not possible, maintaining the temperature at a level that will protect the property from water damage due to freezing or burst pipes.
Brexit and Green Cards
Full details on how to issue a Green Card using our system can be found in the LV= Broker Portal user guide. The system is quick and simple to use and allows an electronic version of the Green Card to be produced. This can either be emailed directly to the policyholder for them to print, or printed and posted to them by you.
Following advice from the MIB, it’s been confirmed that printing Green Cards will now be easier:
- Green Cards can now be printed in black ink on ordinary white paper
- Green Cards can now be printed either double, or single sided
- Green Cards can be sent out electronically, although policyholders must print and carry a hard copy when travelling abroad
Green Cards are required for travel within all areas of the EU including the Republic of Ireland and therefore any UK policyholders wishing to cross the border will be required to carry a Green Card document.
Green Cards must be issued for a minimum of 15 days; however, we recommend that you issue them from the date of request through to the end of the current policy period.
It’s also possible for you to issue a Green Card via the broker Portal for the full period of a policy i.e. either at new business or renewal confirmation. By adopting the issue of an annual Green Card, you’ll remove the need for your policyholders to request a Green Card each time they travel during the policy period.
- The site works best in Google Chrome
- Download Google Chrome here for the best experience when using the new Broker Portal
- Yes, Green Cards are totally self-serve
- You’ll be able to create a PDF that just needs to be printed double sided on Green paper.
- Of course, you can create and issue a Cover Note in minutes online. Cover Note Extensions are easier than ever too and can be completed in a couple of clicks.
Yes, if you’re a Broker Administrator you have everything you need to manage your users online.
- Setup all users who require access as Broker Users, or add extra Broker Administrators
- Assign access to Cover Notes and Green Cards and/or Claims
- All this helps them to keep your customers' data safe and secure
Every user that has access to the Broker Portal can request Proof of NCD. Check out the Broker Portal User Guide for more details
Policy docs, underwriting guides, endorsement lists and more are available in the Product Documents section.
- Specialist fraud investigations covering all LV= property and motor products and claim types
- Dedicated Points of Contact and Escalation Points
- Fraud Prevention Advice
- Granted delegated processes which are mutually beneficial and expedite our current process thus reducing risk to the business
- Fraud Protection Guidance Flyer to the genuine occupier where their address has been used fraudulently
- We work closely with our brokers and the business to ensure the appropriate blocks are put in place to reduce our exposure in the ghost-brokering world