- Full driving licence details – date of birth, date passed, any convictions
- Accident circumstances
- Policyholders VAT Status
- Images of the accident itself showing vehicle’s stopped positions (will help with liability decisions) and the TP/TP vehicle involved.
- If the client is using a non-approved garage, we need either: An estimate sent via Audatex to provider code LVRCV or a fully detailed cost estimate (breaking down labour times and rates, parts, paint and materials etc) on the garage’s headed paper, and good images of the damaged areas to show the damage they are repairing.
- How the hire (self-drive hire only) was paid (Cash, Cheque, DD)
A courtesy car will be provided (subject to availability) when a recommended garage is used for private car.
A hire car will not be provided unless it is non fault - if considered non fault there is potential for a hire through Enterprise but at their discretion.
Each case is reviewed on its own merits however…
Recovery: We will only pay for one recovery cost (the ﬁrst recovery). If the vehicle has been removed from the accident scene by the police please contact us immediately so that we can arrange free collection of the vehicle from the recovery site.
Storage: We will only pay for storage that we are liable for (i.e. due to delays caused by us). We will not pay any storage which has been incurred due to late reporting of the claim or due to delays caused in advising us of the vehicle location.
For Public Liability it takes 40 days
For Personal Liability & Employers Liability it takes 30 days
We are committed to supporting you and your customers through these difficult times and we are doing so in a number of ways:
- We have put in place a number of changes across all motor and home classes to support you and your customers where they need it most and
ensuring that we are delivering a full service across all classes of business.
- We are in regular contact with you all to ensure we understand your concerns and needs and respond in the best way we can.
- Created a COVID-19 Broker Support Hub packed with regular updates, FAQ’s, useful tips and advice on a range of topics, along with fun for you and your family. Keep an eye out for more content coming soon!
We do not provide or offer instalment facilities on any of our products and are therefore unable to offer ’payment holidays’. Many of our brokers will offer instalments to their customers either through their own finance arrangements or through an external premium finance partner; support may be available through those providers.
We will continue to ensure we provide the best cover and service possible and are committed to keeping prices as competitive as we are able.
At LV= Broker we are committed to keeping our products as competitive as we are able. We regularly review our prices, cover and criteria based on current and forecasted performance.
As you are probably aware, the FCA has released new rules for firms (detailed here) incorporating their expectations of firms to help their customers who may be in temporary financial difficulty as a result of COVID-19. These FAQ’s have been updated in light of the new rules and should you need any further information we are on hand to assist.
Ordinarily we do not accept pending convictions, however please contact our Broker Support Team to discuss.
Yes, however the device should be fitted as soon as practically possible. All parties should be notified as soon as the device is fitted.
No, we do not allow suspension of cover under our policies. We think customers should maintain cover as much as possible to avoid any inadvertent use, during this period.
Brexit and Green Cards
With a Brexit withdrawal agreement now confirmed, your customers can drive in the EU as freely as they did before Brexit (including in the Republic of Ireland). However, this position could change at the end of the transition period (31 December 2020) once detailed trade negotiations are completed.
Currently, your customers don’t need a Green Card to drive in the EU. However, if your customer is planning to drive in Europe and would like a Green Card for peace of mind, you may still issue one via the Broker Portal. Check out the LV= Broker Portal User Guide if you’d like to see how to issue a Green Card using our system.
That’s an untold chapter in the story of Brexit – we’ll continue to monitor this situation and provide updates as appropriate.
Keeping our eyes peeled - if it looks like Green Cards will be needed to travel in the EU as we approach the end of the transition period, we’ll work with you to ensure that all appropriate measures are in place to keep your customers moving.
- The site works best in Google Chrome
- Download Google Chrome here for the best experience when using the new Broker Portal
- Yes, Green Cards are totally self-serve
- You’ll be able to create a PDF that just needs to be printed double sided on Green paper.
- Of course, you can create and issue a Cover Note in minutes online. Cover Note Extensions are easier than ever too and can be completed in a couple of clicks.
Yes, if you’re a Broker Administrator you have everything you need to manage your users online.
- Setup all users who require access as Broker Users, or add extra Broker Administrators
- Assign access to Cover Notes and Green Cards and/or Claims
- All this helps them to keep your customers' data safe and secure
Every user that has access to the Broker Portal can request Proof of NCD. Check out the Broker Portal User Guide for more details
Policy docs, underwriting guides, endorsement lists and more are available in the Product Documents section.
- Specialist fraud investigations covering all LV= property and motor products and claim types
- Dedicated Points of Contact and Escalation Points
- Fraud Prevention Advice
- Granted delegated processes which are mutually beneficial and expedite our current process thus reducing risk to the business
- Fraud Protection Guidance Flyer to the genuine occupier where their address has been used fraudulently
- We work closely with our brokers and the business to ensure the appropriate blocks are put in place to reduce our exposure in the ghost-brokering world