Our commitment to accessibilityAt LVbroker.co.uk/customers, we believe everyone should have access to independent, regulated financial advice. To us, Diversity & Inclusion means identifying, addressing and removing any barriers in our products and services. We're committed to making our website accessible to all people, whatever their abilities or disabilities. Our ongoing site development and content creation is guided by best-practice accessibility guidelines, such as WCAG and ISO 30071-1.
Adapt your experience to your needsWhile this site has been created to be usable ‘as is’, many people are likely to get the most accessible experience by customising their computer to suit their individual needs, for example: to get the site spoken to them, to change its colour-scheme or increase the size of its text.
If that sounds like it would be useful to you, we recommend you visit: BBC My Web, My Way or WAI’s Better Web Browsing: Tips for Customizing your Computer to read or watch videos of how these customisations (achieved by using accessibility features already on your computer, smartphone or tablet, or through installing assistive technologies) might suit you.
We’re also considering incorporating some accessibility customisations within this site in the future, to make it easier for people to use who can’t customise their computer, tablet or smartphone. If this would be useful to you, please contact us.
Print available in different formats
We can send product literature to you in Braille, large font or audio.
If you'd like any information in these formats please email us on LVBrokerpolicybooks@lv.co.uk including:
- Your name
- Your address
- What you’re interested in, for example, which LV= Broker product
- The format you’d like the information in
Telephone numbers and additional support
We’ve made our customer service phone lines available via Text Phone and Text Relay services for people who are hard of hearing or deaf.
- For Text Phone call 18001 followed by the advertised number
- If you use Text Phone or Text Relay service, the supporting text communication website may be of further assistance.
Please note, we may record and/or monitor calls for training and audit purposes.
Limitations of the site’s accessibility
We aim to make sure all pages of this website meet level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1. As the site is regularly updated, we test new areas via expert accessibility testing, using representative assistive technologies used by our users. We’ve also conducted testing with users with disabilities. We’re aware that some newer areas of the site currently have some accessibility limitations, and we’re currently working to address these to uphold WCAG 2.1 AA.
We’re working to get to the bottom of these technical issues, in the meantime the process does work with a screen reader on Mac and PC, so we recommended using those devices instead.
- ALT text is not being picked up on SVG files by screen readers
- Hidden content on product pages: When navigating your way through our website, screen readers pick up the hidden content.
- If you have either a motor quote or motor policy in My Account, when you reach the registration number of the car, the screen reader reads the registration as a word. We’re aware of this fault and have put in a fix to at the next release.
- Accessibility header adjustments – we are always making tweaks to the visual elements of our website with accessibility in mind.
Please let us know if you have difficulties using this site:
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of this site. Please let us know if you encounter any accessibility barriers by:
- emailing us at BrokerMarketingSupport@lv.co.uk
- writing to us at LV= GI Digital team, Frizzell House, Bournemouth BH1 2AT
To help us understand your difficulty quickly, please provide the information noted in ‘Contacting Organisations about Inaccessible Websites’ in your request.
All constructive feedback regarding the accessibility or usability of our site is welcome and will be carefully considered.
Our website has been designed to use plain English best practices using writing-for-web techniques. We’ve tried to remove all jargon, or where we need to have some for legal reasons, we explain what it means.
This accessibility statement was last updated in January 2022 and follows the advice on accessibility statements in ISO 30071-1.
LV= Broker is not responsible for content on third-party websites