How does our Building Contractor Network work?
It’s a one-stop-shop for building repairs – our contractors carry out all elements of the repair process, making it quicker and smoother as you don’t need to deal with multiple parties. But there’s more – our network can also undertake drying, trace and access, asbestos sampling and, most importantly, fully validate and settle claims up to £30k.
- We have 39 building contractors and over 140 roofers across the country to make sure we’re on site quickly, especially during weather events.
- All contractors within the network can validate and settle claims on LV=’s behalf up until £30K.
- We offer a 2-year guarantee on works (labour only, materials are as per manufacturers guarantee).
- All network approved contractors comply with health and safety legislation and are regularly audited by LV=.
Mental Health Awareness
We’ve joined forces with the Lighthouse Club charity, to give all suppliers’ staff free and easy access to mental health support services, financial aid and training.
Contractors will use our supplier Recycling Lives as part of their waste management services, not only improving their recycling rates, but also having a tangible social impact through programmes that include food re-distribution and residential support for the homeless.
Contractors will need to participate and become actively involved in industry apprenticeship schemes to help safeguard the future of the sector and address the current skills shortage.
Diversity and Inclusion
LV= is working with contractors to develop diversity and inclusion programmes, making sure all employees are treated equally and fairly.
What we’ve achieved so far:
- 75% of our Building Contractor Network achieved Green Heart Standard
- 26 Mental Health first aiders trained
- 4 contractors with solar panels installed at premises
- 20 electric vehicles in use for surveying LV= jobs
- Moving to usage of 100% FSC® certified timber in our repairs